David Zweifler leads communications for the Global Lending Solutions (GLS) division of D+H, and has more than 20 years of experience in content marketing. David’s career has taken him to Asia and back, and spanned equity research, journalism, and corporate communications. For the last decade, David has worked in-house in financial technology firms ranging from startups to global, publicly listed firms. When David isn’t podcasting, blogging, and talking to reporters, he enjoys cycling, reading, and being outsmarted by his three children.
You are hereResourcesOur ViewpointsBuilding a Better Fintech: Invention is Not Innovation
What does it take to be a technology innovator? Many people would say that it is about coming up with the next big idea - new functionality, new features or new paradigms.
There's certainly a special kind of genius required for invention. But according to Greg Loker, head of architecture strategy and technology innovation at D+H, creating a culture of innovation - that is, creating an innovative approach that can be applied as a consistent, measurable process within a company - is different than encouraging inventiveness.
In short: Rather than creating new features, it involves being smart about which features you keep, and which you drop.
In the first of a two-part Lending on Call podcast with Greg Loker, Greg discusses how he has worked to create a culture of innovation at D+H. Greg also discusses how this culture influenced the launch of the new Total Lending™ product, which is reducing costs and downtime, and increasing speed and efficiency, for D+H clients.
Our interview covered:
- How D+H established an innovative culture within the firm
- The difference between invention and innovation
- Having great ideas versus a culture of innovation
- How innovation is about selectivity and curation rather than creating something totally new
- Using old technology to create something revolutionary: Mobile lending
- How the culture of innovation at D+H led to the creation of Total Lending and Barometer
- How Total Lending is allowing more speed and reliability for clients
- How D+H is partnering with Microsoft to leverage Azure
Hear the complete interview here.
Having trouble playing this file? This interview is also available on SoundCloud.