David Zweifler leads communications for the Global Lending Solutions (GLS) division of D+H, and has more than 20 years of experience in content marketing. David’s career has taken him to Asia and back, and spanned equity research, journalism, and corporate communications. For the last decade, David has worked in-house in financial technology firms ranging from startups to global, publicly listed firms. When David isn’t podcasting, blogging, and talking to reporters, he enjoys cycling, reading, and being outsmarted by his three children.
You are hereResourcesOur ViewpointsMortgage Lending at the Turning Point as Financial Institutions Embrace "End-to-End"
Fintech seems to be at a turning point
Once, banks and credit unions looked to manage complex lending workflows using multiple software products from different providers, using in-house IT talent to pull all that technology together in what is referred to as “best of breed.”
Now, a number of lending technology vendors are providing sweeping software solutions for lending, which cover every step in the lending workflow from start to finish.
What are the advantages of comprehensive end-to-end solutions in the mortgage lending space? Is there more to this form of software delivery beyond having “one throat to choke” for vendor management? How do end-to-end offerings help financial institutions scale profitably?
Joe Talmadge, Vice President of Mortgage Operations at Northwest Federal Credit Union, joined the Lending on Call podcast to discuss how end-to-end is making a difference at his institution:
- What does an end-to-end solution look like at NWFCU?
- How does end-to-end impact the firm in terms of speed of approval?
- What is the compliance impact of end-to-end and have things improved?
- What motivated the change to an end-to-end solution?
- Why are so many financial institutions still working with cobbled together “best-of-breed” solutions?
- What is the tangible ROI that is coming out of the move to end-to-end?
- Is there still a gap between traditional financial institutions like yours and alternative lenders?
Hear the complete interview here.
Having trouble playing this file? This interview is also available on SoundCloud.
Learn more about how end-to-end solutions are making a real difference at Northwest Federal Credit Union.